I'd have given this product 0 stars had it been possible. I hardly know where to begin. Filling the paint tube is comparable to trying to suck a golf ball through a garden hose. Took many attempts each time and had to almost completely immerse the fill tube in the paint can to get any kind of positive results. Then, the initial applicator pad provided with the edger was defective (it took two load attempts to figure this out). It appeared to lock into the edger, but when you inserted the paint tube and released the spring, the pad popped out and spewed paint everywhere it wasn't supposed to be. The first time I attributed to user error, so after a 20 minute cleanup of the (yet unused) edger and surrounding area, I attempted another load,after ensuring (I thought) that the pad was positively locked in the edger. Same basic result, although not quite as messy as I didn't let the spring fully engage the paint tube this time. So, yet another cleanup of paint from the inner areas of the edger. Inserted a different paint pad into the unit and was able to load the edger on the third try. Trying to set the flow rate is an art form I am apparently not particularly good at. I guess artists and engineers don't mix well. After realizing that one shouldn't attempt this adjustment on an actual edge,I was able to achieve satisfactory results after painting a goodly portion of the wall. The coverage when I was able to actually start edging was adequate, though not outstanding by any stretch of the imagination, One still needed to be ready with the trusty trim brush to feather everything in. When I attempted to lay the unit down to move the drop cloth to a different area, paint leaked profusely out of the rear of the paint tube, into the innards of the edger and all over the drop cloth. Of course, I hadn't expected this, so I blindly reached for the edger and got a handful of paint which I then proceeded to transfer to the exterior of the edger. Another stop, another 20 minute cleanup. I reasoned that since the original pad was defective, maybe the paint tube was also, so I tried the second one supplied with the unit. See above for the tribulations of getting it fully loaded. As it turned out, it made no difference.That one leaked from the rear of the paint tube as well. So after more than two hours invested in trying to get this thing to work and after only edging approximately ten linear feet of the room, I gave up in disgust and returned to the old tried and true method for cutting in the edges before rolling. I gained nothing other than a whole lot of frustration. Your mileage may vary and I truly hope you have better luck should you decide you wish it try it anyway. If you do, give me a shout. I'll gladly send you the accessory kit I purchased with the unit that was never used or opened.
just plain doesn't work well