We've updated your selection
Zircon StudSensor HD70 Stud Finder
Set your store
for local inventory & pick up options.
- Signal strength indicator shows the depth of scanned targets
- Easily locates studs up to 2 in. deep
- Includes a warning detection system for live, unshielded wire
- Store SKU:
The StudSensor HD70 center finding stud finder boasts more design innovations by Zircon. Featuring an enhanced bright, backlit LCD display, it debuts a new Target Spotlight that illuminates on-screen when you’ve found the center of a stud. A low battery indicator also lets you know when your battery should be replaced for optimum performance. Select from two stud scan modes to find the center, edges and direction of wood and metal studs while also being alerted to the presence of avoiding live AC electrical wiring.
- StudScan mode locates the center, edges and direction of wood or metal studs up to 3/4 in. (19 mm) deep
- Wire warning detection indicates the presence of live, unshielded AC electrical wiring up to 2 in. (51 mm) deep
- ACT (Auto Correcting Technology) automatically corrects common errors, such as when scanning begins over a stud
- Backlit LCD display with target spotlight indicates the direction and edge of the stud and illuminates when the center of the stud is detected
- Low battery indicator for optimum performance
- Signal strength indicator helps to distinguish between shallow and deep targets
- Spotlite pointer shines an arrow-shaped light on the wall to clearly indicate the edge of the stud
- Translucent base and illuminated "V” marker groove for more accurate marking of stud edge location
- Rubber handles for non-slip grip
- Great solution for all your detection needs
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs
- Audio alert :
- Batteries Included :
- Battery Type Required :
- Detects metal :
- Detects voltage :
- Digital Display :
- Hand Tool Type :
- Stud Sensor
- Laser level included :
- Maximum wall thickness (in.) :
- Number of Batteries Required :
- Product Depth (in.) :
- Product Height (in.) :
- Product Width (in.) :
- Reconditioned :
- Returnable :
- Tools Product Type :
- Hand Tool
Ratings & Reviews
of customers recommend this product
- Terrible. Just terrible.
August 08, 2016
Finds a stud 50% of the time - maybe. Whether the "center" is actually the center ...that's another 50/50 shot.
If you get a "center" indication and make a mark, then check again just to make sure, the stud has likely magically moved - or possibly vanished altogether!
If you're really sure you have a stud, and you drill into it - again, it's magic! It has moved!
Also, you get about one scan per 9-volt battery - perhaps less. I've used four (4) batteries today, new out of the pack, and it's still showing the battery is dead and refusing to work.
In short, DO NOT BUY this.
I bought it to replace a lower-end (if you can imagine) Zircon model, one that didn't find the "center" ...it's not better. Possibly worse.
Avoid ANY Zircon product. Thumping your drywall would be better. A magnet would be better. A dowsing rod would be better. Or maybe just throw darts - blind luck would be more useful.
Difficult to Use, Not Durable, idiotic, fails
3 out of 3 people found this helpful
This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): AK,GU,HI,PR,VI