We've updated your selection
Sharp 1.5 cu. ft. Over the Range Microwave in White with Sensor Cooking
Set your store
for local inventory & pick up options.
- 1.5 cubic ft. capacity
- Easy installation
- Large cooking compartment
The Sharp R1211T 1.5 cu. ft. 1100-Watt Over-the-Counter Microwave Oven in white features Smart and Easy sensor technology for cooking or reheating 11 of the most popular microwave treats. The over the counter model saves valuable counter space. This microwave does not require a built-in kit or shelf, allowing for an easy installation. It comes with under cabinet task lighting.
- White; 1.5 cu. ft. capacity; 1100-Watt cooking power
- 14-1/8 in. removable, revolving turntable
- 7-digit, 2 color, lighted LCD display
- 19 automatic settings
- Smart and Easy sensor settings
- Auto-touch control panel
- Interactive cooking system with custom help in English, Spanish or French
- Defrost Center sets times and power levels for meats and poultry by weight
- Minute Plus gives one minute of high cooking at a touch
- Keep warm plus; automatic popcorn setting
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs
- Appliance Type :
- Over the Range Microwave
- Capacity of Microwave (cu. ft.) :
- Color/Finish :
- Color/Finish Family :
- Cut-Out Front to Back Width (in.) :
- 15.56 in
- Cut-Out Height (in.) :
- 14.06 in
- Cut-Out Left to Right Length (in.) :
- 23.87 in
- Door Swing/Style :
- Right to Left Swing
- Microwave Door Release :
- Push Button
- Microwave Features :
- Clock,Cooking Light,Cooktop Lighting,Interior Light,One Touch Cooking,Timer,Turntable
- Microwave Size :
- 24 in.
- Number of One-Touch Settings :
- Number of Power Levels :
- Oven Settings :
- Defrost,Sensor Cook
- Product Depth (in.) :
- Product Height (in.) :
- Product Weight (lb.) :
- Product Width (in.) :
- Returnable :
- Sensor Cook :
- Turntable :
- Turntable Diameter :
- 14.1 in
- Wattage (watts) :
Ratings & Reviews
of customers recommend this product
- Probably the only stainless over the counter microwave on the market
May 21, 2012
Verified Purchase & Recommended Product
We have an island in our new kitchen which houses the range, so our only options were a counter top microwave or an over-the-counter model. We had our cabinets configured (at Home Depot) to house an over-the-counter microwave based on a recomendation of this microwave from the HD cabinet designer.
After looking around on-line this the only stainless Over-The-Counter microwave that I could even find, so if you have stainless appliances and you want an over the counter microwave to match this is pretty much your only option. In case you don't know Over-the-Range models have a vent fan underneath and Over-the-Counter models don't.
Overall I'm happy with the microwave. I think it was over priced (probably due to it being kind of a niche product), but I like that it isn't as large as most of the over-the-range microwaves (fits under a 24" cabinet). I don't use a microwave very often so it's fine for my needs.
A few things you should know:
1. Don't mount this with a wall or deep cabinet on the left side. We have our refridgerator framed in next to this and the door of the microwave rubs on the wood frame when you open it. I had to mount it to the far right of the cabinet space just to get it to open.
2. Much like over-the-range microwaves this needs a power outlet in the cabinet it is mounted underneath. I wired an outlet behind it thinking there might be enough room, but the microwave mounts directly to the back wall, so an overhead (in-cabinet) outlet is the only option.
3. This item was backordered when I ordered it and it took weeks for me to get it. I think this product might be nearing it's end of life, so make sure there is one available before you design your cabinets around it.
Other than that installation was fairly easy. After I moved the electrical outlet it probably took me an hour total and that included moving it because of #1 above (I ended up with about 1/4" of space between the microwave and the cabinets so there's a little slop).
I thought the installation instructions were overly complicated, but the actual process was pretty easy once I figured out what the templates were supposed to do. I did have to make some 3/4" mounting blocks under the cabinet to support the top anchors. You may not have 3/4" building materials lying around so keep that in mind depending on if your cabinets have a recessed bottom or not. If your cabinets have flat bottoms it's not an issue.
I don't use 90% of the features this microwave has, so I'm not a great person to review this product from that standpoint. You can type in an amount of time and hit start and it heats things up for that amount of time, so in that regard it's great. It's a quality looking microwave too. Doesn't feel cheap or plastic.
The work light underneath is kind of nice but I rarely use it. If you're interested they also sell mounting rails and hooks so you can hang utensils or various bric-a-brack underneath if that's something you're into.
Overall I'm happy with the microwave itself. I'm not very happy with the cabinet designer not accounting for the door rubbing against the refridgerator frame.
35 to 44, Male
28 out of 28 people found this helpful
This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): AK,GU,HI,PR,VI