This Armor Track offers an added level of functionality from its effortless and smooth glide of curtains. Its sleek and modern design adds an elegant statement to any room. A baton draw affords the comfort of tangle-free cords.
Set includes 1-adjustable track with sliders, hooks with clips, adjustable wall brackets, 1-baton and mounting hardware
Track is 7/8 in. wide, 1/2 in. tall, steel construction with baton pulls for opening and closing the draperies
Extremely smooth baton draw operating track with sliders that offer superior slide fit between inner and outer rod
Adjustable bracket clearance adjust from 1 to 1 in. - 3/4 in.
Quantity of hooks with clips and sliders on each track: 48 in. - 84 in. (20-piece)
Adjustable bracket quantity: 48 in. - 84 in. (4-piece)
I have installed these track rods twice in 2 years, once in another brand also sold at HD and once with this Rod Desyn brand.
1) Rod Desyn can be installed using a wall or the ceiling as mount with equal ease. Other brand cannot be ceiling mounted, so you must punch holes in the track (bending the lips of the track so the sliders don't move smoothly).
2) Rod desyn clip hooks are easy to pinch closed (by hand) onto the carrier sliders. Other brand's hooks fall off regularly, requiring a step stool to reach back up.
3) Rod desyn carrier sliders swivel 360 degrees at the exposed "hook onto me" section, so they will not twist out of the track. Other brand pops out constantly.
4) Rod desyn comes with far more wall anchors and screws than you would use for the set, and the heads of the screws are flat/philips/hex headed so you're very unlikely to strip them. If mounting to the ceiling, you need only 2-3 screws per rod and the hardware fixtures are very rugged. This is much faster to install than the other brand.
5) Comes with many more hook clips than you really need. I have the longest rod stretched full length and I only needed 14 clips for medium weight drapery cotton. If your fabric is very soft and floppy, you may desire more clips, but the amount in the box is likely still more than you need.
Cons: both sets are very easy to scratch the finish from as you pop them into the support brackets. This is more of an issue with the black finish. Rod Desyn wand (the thing you use to push/pull the track open/closed) does not match the track. Black set comes with silver rods. But, you don't need the rods if you don't like the look.
Easy to Assemble, Sturdy, Easy to Install, Looks Great, Good Size & Weight, Functional, Well Made, Lots of Features, Nice Design