We've updated your selection
Rheem Performance Platinum 50 Gal. Tall 12 Year 40,000 BTU ENERGY STAR Natural Gas Water Heater
Set your store
for local inventory & pick up options.
- Provides ample hot water for households with 3-5 people
- Make sure it fits: measure your space to ensure dimensions fit
- Same-day installation in most areas. Call 1-855-400-2552 by noon.
- Store SKU:
The Rheem Performance Platinum 50 Gal. Natural Gas Tall Water Heater comes with a 40,000 BTU/hour environmentally friendly low NOx burner that provides ample hot water for households with 3 to 5 people. The electronic ignition system eliminates the standing pilot light, saves energy and monitors system performance. Its maintenance free combustion air intake system means there are no filters to clean and replace. A premium grade anode rod provides long lasting tank protection. Factory installed temperature and pressure relief valve and 3/4 in. water connections are included with the water heater for easy installation. The water heater is ENERGY STAR qualified. This Rheem Performance Platinum model is Wi-Fi compatible allowing for remote monitoring of the water heater's operation (Wi-Fi Module REWRA631GWH sold separately).
- California residents: THIS WATER HEATER DOES NOT MEET ULTRA LOW NOX (ULN) EMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS. REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE SALE, SHIPMENT OR INSTALLATION OF THIS WATER HEATER IN ANY AIR QUALITY DISTRICT THAT REQUIRES ULN WATER HEATERS. Please refer to the map below to confirm if your home is in a district that requires ULN emission water heaters, and if so please select an approved ULN model.
- REQUIRES STANDARD 110-VOLT ELECTRICAL OUTLET (3-PRONG GROUNDED) FOR INSTALLATION
- 50 Gal. tank provides ample hot water for households with 3 to 5 people
- Natural gas water heater costs less to operate than electric models
- Delivers 90 Gal. of hot water in the first hour
- 12 year limited warranty on tank and parts for your convenience
- 3 year in home labor warranty for peace of mind
- 0.67 energy factor indicates an energy star qualified water heater
- Maintenance free - no filter to clean or replace
- Electronic ignition system simplifies the startup process and eliminates the need for a pilot light
- Electronic diagnostic gas valve monitors system performance
- Rated for installations up to 10,100 ft.
- Wi-Fi compatible with the purchase of Rheem EcoNet Home Comfort Wifi Module (sold separately) for gas water heaters (Wi-Fi model # REWRA631GWH)
- Designed for easy replacement of your existing water heater
- Call 1-855-400-2552 before noon for same-day service in most areas, or Visit our Water Heater Installation page for more information.
- Meets 2015 NAECA Standards
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs
- Application Type :
- Energy Factor :
- Finish Family :
- Fuel Type :
- Gas Type :
- Natural Gas
- Indoor/Outdoor :
- Maximum Temperature (F) :
- Minimum Temperature (F) :
- Product Depth (in.) :
- Product Height (in.) :
- Product Weight (lb.) :
- Product Width (in.) :
- Recovery Rate at 90F Rise (gallons/hour) :
- Returnable :
- Tank Capacity (gallons) :
- Tank Valve Size (in.) :
- Water Connection Location :
- Water Connection Size (in.) :
- Water Heater Features :
- LoNox,Overheat Protection,Self Cleaning,Temperature Pressure Relief Valve,WiFi
- Water Heater Profile :
Ratings & Reviews
of customers recommend this product
- Nicely designed unit.
May 11, 2014
This water heater replaced a 50 gallon unit that was at the end of it's life.
The insulation must be better as this unit was not quite as tall nor as large a diameter as the one it replaced but this one is Energy Star rated.
The T&P valve is located on the side, above the drain cock. This makes installation a bit cleaner at the top and you can easily toggle the T&P valve if you want to make sure it works. Access to the top of a tank is usually difficult.
The base of this unit is flat, it does not have three little feet on the bottom like a lot of tanks do. I prefer a flat bottom as it spreads the weight of 50 gallons of water better.
This unit does not use a standing pilot light. It has electronic ignition so it gains some efficiency overall. It has a exhaust flue damper that opens when unit is running and closes when off.
The control unit has the ability to troubleshoot and will flash a fault code if there is a problem. There is a fault code chart located on the case. The power cord that comes with it was certainly long enough. It plugs into a 115 vac receptacle and has a screw tab you can use to make sure it stays in place. I pluged mine into a surge suppressor that also feeds the HVAC unit.
I just wish they would put handles on the sides of the tanks to help you get a grip when setting them in place. As far as I know no one provide handles.
It fired right up and had a hot tank of water in very short order.
energy star rated, flat bottom
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
45 to 54, Male
30 out of 30 people found this helpful
This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): AK,GU,HI,PR,VI