We've updated your selection
Rheem Performance Platinum 50 Gal. Short 12 Year 40,000 BTU ENERGY STAR Natural Gas Water Heater
Set your store
for local inventory & pick up options.
- Provides ample hot water for households with 3-5 people
- Make sure it fits: measure your space to ensure dimensions fit
- Same-day installation in most areas. Call 1-855-400-2552 by noon.
- Store SKU:
The Rheem Performance Platinum 50 Gal. Natural Gas Short Water Heater comes with a 40,000 BTU/hour environmentally friendly Low-NOx burner that provides ample hot water for households with 3 to 5 people. The electronic ignition system eliminates the standing pilot light, saves energy and monitors system performance. Its maintenance free combustion air intake system means there are no filters to clean and replace. A patented magnesium anode rod design incorporates a special resistor that protects the tanks from rust, providing longer tank life. Factory installed temperature and pressure relief valve and 3/4 in. water connections are included with the water heater for easy installation. The water heater is ENERGY STAR qualified. This Rheem Performance Platinum model is Wi-Fi compatible allowing for remote monitoring of the water heater's operation (Wi-Fi Module REWRA631GWH sold separately).
- California residents: THIS WATER HEATER DOES NOT MEET ULTRA LOW NOX (ULN) EMISSIONS REQUIREMENTS. REGULATIONS PROHIBIT THE SALE, SHIPMENT OR INSTALLATION OF THIS WATER HEATER IN ANY AIR QUALITY DISTRICT THAT REQUIRES ULN WATER HEATERS. Please refer to the map below to confirm if your home is in a district that requires ULN emission water heaters, and if so please select an approved ULN model.
- REQUIRES STANDARD 110-VOLT ELECTRICAL OUTLET (3-PRONG GROUNDED) FOR INSTALLATION
- 50 Gal. tank provides ample hot water for households with 3 to 5 people
- Natural gas water heater costs less to operate than electric models
- Delivers 89 Gal. of hot water in the first hour
- 12 year limited warranty on tank and parts for your convenience
- 3 year in home labor warranty for peace of mind
- 0.67 energy factor indicates an energy star qualified water heater
- Maintenance free - no filter to clean or replace
- Electronic ignition system simplifies the startup process and eliminates the need for a pilot light
- Electronic diagnostic gas valve monitors system performance
- Rated for installations up to 10,100 ft.
- Wi-Fi compatible with the purchase of Rheem EcoNet Home Comfort Wifi Module (sold separately) for gas water heaters (Wi-Fi model # REWRA631GWH)
- Designed for easy replacement of your existing water heater
- Call 1-855-400-2552 before noon for same-day service in most areas, or Visit our Water Heater Installation page for more information.
- Meets 2015 NAECA Standards
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs
- Application Type :
- Energy Factor :
- Finish Family :
- Fuel Type :
- Gas Type :
- Natural Gas
- Indoor/Outdoor :
- Maximum Temperature (F) :
- Minimum Temperature (F) :
- Product Depth (in.) :
- Product Height (in.) :
- Product Weight (lb.) :
- Product Width (in.) :
- Recovery Rate at 90F Rise (gallons/hour) :
- Returnable :
- Tank Capacity (gallons) :
- Tank Valve Size (in.) :
- Water Connection Location :
- Water Connection Size (in.) :
- Water Heater Features :
- LoNox,Overheat Protection,Self Cleaning,Temperature Pressure Relief Valve,WiFi
- Water Heater Profile :
Ratings & Reviews
of customers recommend this product
- Do Not Buy for Warranty
March 24, 2015
Buyer Beware - We purchased this expensive water heater due to the warranty since we have three infants in the house and live in a cold climate. 3 Year in home warranty in case we had a problem was exactly what we needed. The unit stopped working six months after we bought it, in the winter time no less. This is how the warranty actually works. You call the 800 number, explain the problem and the customer service rep "diagnoses" the problem and overnights you the part. The representative then puts "in a ticket" for a plumber to call you in 24 hours to schedule the appointment. The plumber never called so we had to call Rheem back and get the plumber's number to schedule the appointment. The plumber came and checked the problem that had already been diagnosed. It was not the problem so the plumber left, they could do nothing else since they have only the part that was overnighted to me to fix the problem. I had to call again, tell the Rheem customer service rep what the plumber said, the customer service rep then "diagnosed" the problem again, another ticket was put in, another items was shipped, another 24 hours to hear from the plumber to schedule an appointment. This happened three times. I asked to speak with a supervisor twice, was put on hold for 30 minutes then disconnected both times. After the third service appointment and over three weeks of cold showers and cold baths for my infants we hired a plumber to replace and return the defective unit to Homedepot at our expense. This unit works great when it works, but this is a horrible way to provide a warranty and horrible for Homedepot to sell this water heater by the warranty at their store.
deceptive warranty, poor product
Saint Louis, MO
35 to 44, Male
28 out of 28 people found this helpful
This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): AK,GU,HI,PR,VI