We've updated your selection
OnlinePlantCenter 2 Gal. Klondyke Azalea Shrub
Set your store
for local inventory & pick up options.
The color on this deciduous Azalea is like no other. Vivid orange buds open to fragrant, brilliant golden-yellow flowers, where 8 to 10 of the blooms are held together in rounded trusses. This rounded shrub has coppery-bronze new foliage in spring, aging to a desirable green for summer, and then changing to deep bronze before falling off in fall. A versatile plant for many situations, commonly used as a foundation plant, in the woodland garden, or as a border shrub.
- Very fragrant, golden yellow flower trusses
- Bold color for reflecting ponds and water gardens
- Highly sought after, but hard to find, azalea variety
- 1 of the best bright golden yellow flowering shrubs
- 2 Gal. ships in pot unless state or federal regulations require otherwise
- We're sorry, but due to state regulations, this plant cannot ship to Mississippi
- Plant ships as a bare root plant with no soil and no pot when shipped to Arizona, California, Idaho, Montana, Nevada, Oregon, Utah, and Washington
- When shipped as a bare root plant, the shake and ship system will be used to remove soil from the roots, thus increasing the root tip surface area, which in turn, greatly enhances the ability of the plant to rapidly establish itself in the new environment
- To accommodate mature size or when planting in groups, space 5 ft. away from other plants or structures
- Performs best in plant growing zones 5 to 8, when grown in other zones, special care requirements will be required
- May ship in a dormant state, with bare branches and no leaves, especially in early spring when plant has been pruned back to promote lateral branching
- Additional Characteristics :
- Disease Resistant
- Annual / Perennial :
- Blossom Color :
- Botanical Name :
- Azalea 'Klondyke
- Common Name :
- Evergreen or Deciduous :
- Hardiness Zone :
- Mature Height (in.) :
- 84 in
- Mature Width (in.) :
- 60 in
- Optimal Soil Condition :
- Returnable :
- Shipped As :
- Sun Tolerance :
- Full Sun
Ratings & Reviews
of customers recommend this product
- Amazing quality!
April 11, 2016
I recently received and planted two Klondyke Azaleas from Home Depot Garden Online. Over the years I have ordered many live plants from the internet. However, the condition and quality of the plants were so poor, I started buying from our local nurseries unless it is an item I really want and can not find locally. Four years ago I bought an Yellow Exbury Azalea from a local garden store and it has done very well. For three years I have been looking for another one without any luck. Therefore I searched the internet and found the Klondyke Azalea on the Home Depot website.
I was completely surprised when I opened the box. The packing was so good there was absolutely zero damage to the plants and not a speck of soil fell from the container. The top of soil was packed with newspaper and then affixed with two wide pieces of tape. A plastic bag was then tightly wrapped and tied around the container securely holding the soil. A bamboo stake the length of the box had been inserted into each pot which prevented the plants from damage due to handling by UPS. In my experience handling during shipping has caused serious damage to the plants. However, the measures taken on these plants completely worked to prevent any damage.
I also was completely surprised by the size and quality of the plants. I was expecting a four to six inch plant. However, both of these plants were 15" tall with buds on multiple stems. When I removed them from the container at planting, the pot was completely full of very healthy looking roots. These plants were in such good condition and quality I could have been fooled into believing they came from a local nursery!
Since it is mid-April I will post a review later this summer on how the two plants performed.
Happy Gardening 2016!
Great Quality, Good Shape
65 or over, Male
5 out of 5 people found this helpful
This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): HI,GU,PR,VI,AK