We've updated your selection
Makita 6.5 Amp 3-1/4 in. Corded Planer Kit
Set your store
for local inventory & pick up options.
- Leading power-to-weight ratio provides 17,000 rpm @ 5.7 lbs
- Fast stock removal with double-edged planing blades
- Precision-machined aluminum base for accuracy and durability
- Store SKU:
The Makita 3-1/4 in. Planer delivers power and cutting capacity with ease of use. It features a 6.5 Amp motor that delivers an incredible power-to-weight ratio, with a 2-blade cutter head and 17,000 RPM for increased stock removal and superior finishes. It is equipped with precision-machined aluminum base for planning accuracy and double-edge carbide blades.
- Includes 3-1/4 in. planer, blade gauge assembly, wrench, guide rule, blade set and tool case
- Planes up to 3-1/4 in. wide and 3/32 in. deep in a single pass
- Rigid die-cast aluminum housing with all-ball bearing construction for longer tool life
- Easy blade setting system for fast blade installation
- Machined aluminum and balanced planer drum for reduced vibration and added durability
- Click depth adjustment knob with easy-to-read scale with settings from 0 in. to 3/32 in. (0.1 mm increments) for precise depth adjustment
- Lock-on button for continuous operation
- Ergonomically centered balance with rubberized front and rear handles for added comfort
- High-quality, poly V-belt provides added durability
- Spring-loaded stand elevates the base to protect the blades and work piece
- 1-year limited warranty
- High quality poly-v belt provides added durability
- Can be equipped with large, high speed steel blades (optional accessory)
- 1-year warranty on tool
- Includes: blade gauge assembly, 9 mm wrench, guide rule; blade set, tool case
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs
- Amperage (amps) :
- Blade Type(s) :
- Double-edged planing blades
- Color Family :
- Cord Length (ft.) :
- Corded Tool Type :
- Cordless/ Corded :
- Maximum Speed (rpm) :
- Maximum Width Cutting Capacity :
- 3-1/4 in
- Product Depth (in.) :
- 8.5 in
- Product Height (in.) :
- 10.75 in
- Product Weight (lb.) :
- Product Width (in.) :
- 15 in
- Reconditioned :
- Returnable :
- Tools Product Type :
- Power Tool
Ratings & Reviews
of customers recommend this product
- Works great, but kind of messy
June 22, 2015
I've wanted a power planer to use on material too bulky to run through my jointer. This one fits the ticket.
It comes with blades preinstalled, a blade installation gauge and wrench, an edge guide for rabbiting, all in a nice plastic case.
The blades are carbide and reversible, so they should last a while.
It has a V groove in the front base plate as a guide when chamfering edges and the depth is adjustable in 1/256" increments. The hand grip is comfortable and secure. I especially like the spring loaded "kickstand" at the rear to keep from dinging the blads when the planer is set down.
Out of the box, set at 3/32" it didn't remove any material. I checked the blade adjustment and it was OK. I finally figured out that the depth adjustment knob doesn't have any stops and had been unscrewed a turn too far.
Once I got started planing, the resulting wood surface was nice and smooth. The chips were thrown several feet to the side and forward a little. Since I don't have any of the chip collection accessories yet, I'll be doing my planing outside.
I was disappointed to find that the manual lists a number of accessories, but doesn't give any part numbers, making it harder to locate the correct parts.
Good Size & Weight, kickstand protects blades, comfortable to use, precise depth setting
vacuum attachment not included
55 to 64, Male
2 out of 2 people found this helpful
This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): GU,PR,VI