We've updated your selection
Home Legend High Gloss Elm Sand 3/4 in. Thick x 4-3/4 in. Wide x Random Length Solid Hardwood Flooring (18.70 sq. ft / case)
Set your store
for local inventory & pick up options.
- Easy to install planks with beveled edge; nail or glue down
- Appropriate for residential use only
- Chinese Elm wood is durable enough to resist dents and scratches
High Gloss 3/4 in. Solid Hardwood floors have a 7-layer aluminum oxide finish, providing everyday wear and tear protection. This product has achieved GREENGUARD Indoor Air Quality Certification and has been tested for more than 10,000 volatile organic compounds, including formaldehyde, to meet these standards. The tongue and groove profile allows the flooring to be installed on and above grade. The elegant look of high gloss floors will bring added beauty and style to your home.
- Wood Species: Chinese Elm
- 3/4 in. Thickness x 4-3/4 in. Width x Random Length Planks
- 18.70 sq. ft. per case and case weight: 40.5 lbs.
- Construction: Solid Hardwood Flooring
- Prefinished Elm Sand, Medium Color, Smooth Finish
- Planks have a beveled edge
- Janka wood hardness rating/resistance to denting: 1540
- Appropriate Grade for Installation: On, Above Grades
- Installation: Nail or glue
- Residential use
- 55-year residential warranty
- Don't forget your coordinating trim and moldings
- All online orders for this item ship via parcel ground and may arrive in multiple boxes
- It is recommended you purchase a minimum of 10% overage to account for cuts.
- Please use Internet# 203190607 to order a take home sample of this product
- Board Form :
- Color :
- Color Family :
- Commercial / Residential :
- Finish Type :
- Flooring Product Type :
- Solid Wood Board
- Gloss :
- High Gloss
- Hardwood Flooring Style :
- Installable over Cork Underlayment :
- Installation Location :
- Above Grade/Concrete Subfloor,Above Grade/Wood Subfloor
- Installation Type :
- Product Length (in.) :
- Product Thickness (in.) :
- .75 in
- Product Weight (lb.) :
- Product Width (in.) :
- Returnable :
- Square Feet per Box (sq.ft.) :
Ratings & Reviews
of customers recommend this product
- Looks great - Subpar quality
March 02, 2014
I installed the flooring last week. It looks great, the quality - well that's a different story.
First off, while the manufacturers site claims "North American hardwood is grown in the Northeast and around the Great Lakes." The product is actually "Made in China". The wood is supposedly birch which has a janka rating of over 1200 comparable to red oak. I can tell you that either the ratings are wrong or this is really soft wood. You can permanently deface it by pushing your thumbnail into it. During installation I had a 24" piece of wood standing vertically, it slid down the wall and hit the floor. I now have a nice several inch long straight line indent from where it hit. I'm not sure where the fault is but I'm pointing the finger at the finish itself. The topcoat/clear coat is extremely thin.
Another problem is the length of the woods included in the box. The description says random, but it is not. There are 4-11.5" pieces, 4-13.5", 1-47.5", and then several each of 21.5, 23.5, 33.5, 35.5 (sorry, I don't recall the counts of each of the 21-35" pieces but I believe it was between 2 and 4 of each). My biggest problem here is that 25% of the box is 12" pieces. For a thin stripped floor (ie < 3") this is not a big deal but for wide 4 3/4" flooring, like this is, having 25% of your floor being 12" pieces, well it doesn't look too good. I bought an extra box planning on returning it. I didn't want to run out and I didn't want to risk getting different batches. What I ended up doing was using the longer pieces from that extra box. I now have 32 pieces of foot long wood.
Another slight problem is that approx 5-10% of the pieces of wood in the box had chips/dings/unfinished wood on the long and/or short edges. The box was not dinged up and was solid. I was careful handling it.
It was super easy to put down as every piece was perfectly straight. And since all of the pieces were the exact size to others of the comparable size it made it real easy to rearrange pieces. For example, I installed one of the longer pieces and didn't notice but a knot caused a bump in the floor (yes I should have noticed this before installing it). I was able to pull out that one piece and even though the pieces to the left and right were nailed down the replacement piece I put in was perfectly snug up to the other pieces.
I would have given the product a lower rating but it does look great. I'm hoping that in a week or two it still looks great but I'm doubtful. It's a shame because if they just put a better or more of a clear top coat this product would be a great value. I'll assume this is due to the "Made in China" cost savings.
Easy to Install, Looks Great
Scratches Easily, thin finish, soft wood, dents extremely easy
9 out of 9 people found this helpful
This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): GU,PR,VI