We've updated your selection
Hedrix 11 oz. Match of 540F-5 Smokey Blue Gloss Custom Spray Paint (2-Pack)
Set your store
for local inventory & pick up options.
Matched to 540F-5 Smokey Blue, this high-quality fast-dry spray paint provides an ultra-smooth, durable, high-hiding coating that is great for interior or exterior use. It is suitable for metal, wicker, most hard plastics, wood, masonry and more. Available in flat, low lustre, semi-gloss and gloss finishes.
- Unlimited color choices to coordinate accessories with the colors in your home or office
- Great for any surface including metal, wood, wicker, most hard plastics, masonry and more
- Creates a smooth, durable, abrasion-resistant finish
- Provides excellent gloss and color retention
- For use on interior and exterior surfaces
- Customize your finish by choosing between flat, low lustre semi-gloss or gloss sheens
- For indoor and outdoor applications
- Dries in only 15 minutes
- Please note that on-screen and printed color representations may vary from actual paint colors, the actual paint color will also vary depending on the specific paint product, application method, gloss level, film variance, surface substrate and light source
- Hedrix is not offering the actual branded color or paint product for sale and has no affiliation with the color-referenced brands, Hedrix's reference to any trademark is for color comparison only
- Acrylic lacquer-based spray paint, cleans up with lacquer thinner, xylene or acetone, wood and other porous surfaces should be primed before painting, all surfaces should be clean and dry before painting
- Made in the USA
- Application Method :
- Coating Product Category :
- Color Family :
- Color/Finish :
- Color Match of 540F-5 Smokey Blue. Available in multiple sheens.
- Container Size :
- 16 OZ-Ounce
- Coverage Area (sq. ft.) :
- Dry to touch (min.) :
- Interior/Exterior :
- Mildew Resistant :
- Package Quantity :
- Paint/Stain Base Material :
- Paint/Stain Clean Up :
- Lacquer Thinner
- Paint/Stain Key Features :
- No additional features
- Paint/Stain/Waterproofer Product Type :
- Specialty Finish/Small Project
- Returnable :
- Sheen :
- Transparency :
Ratings & Reviews
of customers recommend this product
- Easier than brush painting oil paint but pricier
October 27, 2015
I have an exterior fiberglass door that is brush painted with an oil base paint. The color had faded so I wanted to paint it to match my factory painted aluminum clad windows. The color match to the Home Depot swatch card was perfect. I purchased the low luster sheen, but if I had to do it again, I would go with semi-gloss. The low luster was pretty much dead flat.
Before using, shake till your arm is exhausted and then shake again after every couple of strokes. I also removed the spray nozzle and cleaned it with lacquer thinner halfway through each can. This paint wants to dry as soon as it leaves the can, so I used long, smooth, medium to slow strokes overlapping about 1/2" and 4-6" from the surface. You want the paint to still look wet when it hits the surface. I still had some loose powder when I was done, so I let it dry and wiped this off before doing my 2nd coat.
After letting the paint completely dry for a couple of days, I lightly sanded it with 1000 grit sandpaper to smooth the surface. It was still a little flat so I used a semi-gloss uv resistant urethane on top to protect the finish and hopefully slow it fading.
In summary, this is a great product if you need a high quality match to an existing color. It is a little pricey, but the coverage is pretty good. When it comes to the sheen, I would get 1 level glossier than the sheen you want. Also, use this product only when the humidity is low for best results.
This item has been discontinued
The Home Depot no longer carries this specific product.
This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): AK,CA,GU,HI,PR,VI