We've updated your selection
Cool Attic 24 in. Direct Drive Whole House Fan with Shutter
Set your store
for local inventory & pick up options.
The Cool Attic 24 in. direct drive 2-speed whole house fan is designed for houses with 1,200 to 1,800 sq. ft. attics. It offers an efficient way to reduce cooling costs, while keeping your whole house more comfortable. It works by pulling fresh air in from the outside and expelling the warm air up into the attic and pushing it out through your attic exhaust vents. This unit requires a minimum of 8-10 sq. ft. of net free exhaust vent area to perform quietly and efficiently. Low vibration direct drive design with a precision-balanced 4-blade aluminum fan assembly contribute to quiet and reliable performance.
- 2-speed, 1/3 HP, thermally protected PSC motor
- CFM high and low ratings at 4600 and 3200
- Joist-in and joist out installation option
- White, powder coated, ceiling mount, automatic shutter with 95% plus closure
- Decor-style, dual on/off high/low function white wall switch included
- Steel venture for durability
- Rough opening: 26 in. x 28 in. - outside shutter dimensions: 27-3/4 in. x 29-3/4 in.
- UL/CUL listed
- 10-year limited warranty
- Whole house fans are designed for ceiling mount installations only, please do not purchase a whole house fan if you are seeking a fan for wall exhaust use
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs
- Amperage (amps) :
- Color Family :
- Color/Finish Family :
- Cut-Out Left to Right Length (in.) :
- 27 in
- Material :
- Galvanized Steel
- Product Depth (in.) :
- Product Height (in.) :
- Product Weight (lb.) :
- Product Width (in.) :
- Returnable :
- Voltage (volts) :
Ratings & Reviews
of customers recommend this product
- Very happy I chose to install this Whole House Fan!!!
May 07, 2013
Verified Purchase & Recommended Product
I wasn't sure if I was going to be able to install this whole house fan, but I was rather pleased to find out that is wasn't that difficult and was SO worth my effort to install it. I now use this fan almost every day to bring in cool air in the late afternoon or to just feel the breeze through my home...this was a "breeze" for me to install. I expect MUCH cheaper electricity bills now. I have yet to use my AC and much prefer to nice air flow through my home. I was very hesitant on trying to install this, for my expertise is not there, but surely I found that it went very smoothly, right down to installing the 2 switches (ON/OFF and High/Low) turned out to be not a big deal. The only drawback I could possible say about this fan is that it is a bit noisy...well, it is a large fan moving a lot of air, I expected it. But again, I cannot be more happy with the outcome. Even when my wife decides that dinner needed a little extra cooking, either the smell of fish sauce or the smoke of a neglected dinner on the stove, this fan is perfect and does exactly what I expected. From the montly savings in electicity for AC and the awsome effect of having fresh air running through my home, I 100% would recommend this fan for any home.
The extras I needed to purchase to complete the installation was:
1. 2 lenghts of 2x3x6' for the base of the fan
2. An electric 2 bay box to install the switch (I actually used a 3 bay and replaced a single switch box that ran my laundry room fan into the 3 bay box that looks great)
3. 25ft of romex to install the power and switch
4. A power tester for the wire (I was being extra careful)
Even cutting the whole in the ceiling proved effortless as the instructions were very easy to understand.
Very pleased customer.
Easy to Use, Performs Well, Easy to Install, Great Value, Cost Effective
Sacramento, CA, USA
35 to 44, Male
36 out of 36 people found this helpful
This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): AK,GU,HI,PR,VI