We've updated your selection
Halo 6 in. LED Recessed Lighting Module
Set your store
for local inventory & pick up options.
Convert your existing Halo 6 in. incandescent housing into an energy-efficient LED housing with this Halo 6 in. LED Recessed Lighting Module. This LED module provides enhanced color rendering with a warm, white color temperature and produces over 600 productive lumens while consuming less than 15-watts of electricity. This dimmable LED module is also compatible with new-construction LED housing model H750ICAT or remodeling LED housing model H750ICAT.
- Consumes less than 15-watts of energy for efficiency
- Light output and distribution comparable to a 65-watt BR30 lamp
- 600 lumens of light output
- Warm, white color temperature is soothing
- Low-glare for optimal illumination
- Dimmable to 15% with most standard AC incandescent analog dimmers (sold separately)
- Dimmable to 5% with select dimmers that have a low-end adjustment (sold separately)
- Can convert and retrofit most Halo 6 in. incandescent housings (sold separately) to LED
- Compatible with Halo incandescent housing models H7ICAT, H7RICAT, H7T, LED housing model H750ICAT for new construction and LED housing model H750RICAT for remodeling construction
- UL listed
- Install with Halo LED trims, such as model 494WB06 (sold separately)
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs
- Airtight :
- Aperture width (in.) :
- Bulb Type Included :
- Housing depth (in.) :
- Insulation contact :
- Insulation contact
- Light Bulb Base Code :
- New Construction or Remodel :
- New Construction and Remodel
- Number of Housings Included :
- Product Depth (in.) :
- Product Height (in.) :
- Product Weight (lb.) :
- 6 lb
- Product Width (in.) :
- 5.75 in
- Reflector finish family :
- Returnable :
- Size :
- 6 in.
Ratings & Reviews
of customers recommend this product
- Pros and Cons
November 29, 2012
It has 50,000 life hour (LH) which is probably the highest, others tout 30,000 or 35,000 LH.
The heat sink is also very large, that why it takes up the entire 6" can inside, but this can be a problem too. (See Cons)
The installation is fairly easy but not as easy as others which require less step and no additional purchase.
LED is bright white, not warm white. So the colors in your room may look artificial. At least it dimmable, but other are dimmable as well.
The modules are large and need the full 6" cans to fit inside.
If you are retrofiting, you need to make sure that you can take out the plate that holds the light socket, otherwise it will not fit.
There is about a half second delay in the light coming on. The CE we tested side by side had a 1 second or more delay. The brightness of the LED is very white as oppose to warm white like the CE 6" LED recessed ligh with the Trims. HALO sells the trim and lens separately, so that's another added cost. The LED is also set very deep inside the can. As a result the light coming out is narrowed and will cast a shadow on your walls especially if installed in lower ceiling. With the larger and heavier heat sink the ceiling can must be very secure to the ceiling as the weight will pull down on the can. If it does, it will not fall out but will make the recess light no longer flush with the ceiling. Also the rating on the HALO is 14 watts, others are 9.5 to 11 watts. If you are alreadying using CFL, it most likely 14 watts already. So you're not saving any money other than changing the bulbs out every two year or more. Its a big investment. Thats 20 or more bulbs over 40 years. The Halo at 50,000 LH, give it thats about 20 mayber 30 year life span.
The price of the HALO would need to come down to less than $20 and include the trim and lens to make it competitive and justifiable to convert to LED from CFL.
Well Made, High Quality of Material, Eco-Friendly, Very Bright, long life hour, dimmable
Appearance, delay start, no trim or lens included, Heavy, adds shadow to walls, cost more than competitors
55 to 64, Male
1 out of 1 people found this helpful
This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): GU,PR,VI