We've updated your selection
Greenstar Touch'n Hold Smooth Single Kit (Cranberry) - Standard Duty Pneumatic Door Closer for Storm and Screen Doors
Set your store
for local inventory & pick up options.
The most convenient standard duty door closer on the market. A pneumatic closer that has a smooth closing motion similar to a hydraulic closer without the mess and the cost. Patented push-button technology means a simple tap with a foot, elbow, or finger will hold the door in any open position you want. No hands required.
- Recommended for light and medium weight storm and screen doors, for heavier, full view storm doors, touch n hold smooth dual kit is recommended
- Hands free hold open button, smooth closing motion to prevent unwanted slams to the user
- Fully adjustable closing and slamming speeds, no tools required
- Comes complete with all installation hardware including designer series brackets
- Corrosion resistant components
- Easily replaces old closers by fitting with existing brackets
- Original touch button closer, the one and only touch 'n hold
- Builders Hardware Product Type :
- Storm Door Hardware
- Finish :
- Hardware Finish Family :
- Material :
- Product Depth (in.) :
- Product Height (in.) :
- Product Width (in.) :
- Returnable :
Ratings & Reviews
of customers recommend this product
- Decent Touch'N Hold Storm Door Closer
March 25, 2015
Verified Purchase & Recommended Product
The closer on our brand new Anderson/Emco storm door was no match for February winds, as a gust blew the door right out of my hand as I opened it. Unlike previous events which either bent the closer rod, ripped it off the door jamb, or both, this time the closer itself just ripped open right at the end cap.
Since the Anderson warrantee doesn't cover wind damage, and not wishing to pay Anderson's exhorbitant price for door closers, I found this other brand on Home Depot's website. After doing some research on HD's and the company's own site, I went for the Smooth Close model. It was EXTREMELY easy to install - just popped out the two existing retainer pins, lined up this unit (keeping all the Anderson brackets in place), and replaced the pins. Took about a minute.
It does the job, on calm days. If you have ANY wind your door is subject to, DO NOT LET GO of the door until you manually push it closed. The closer does NOT have the oomph to hold and pull the door closed against any wind. Also, if your main door has a decent weather tightness, the air pressure seal created when the storm door closes against it can NOT be overcome by the closer's final pull, again requiring a manual push.
The site says the closer body is plastic. Quite frankly, you can't tell. It has the weight, appearance and feel of aluminum.
Easy to Install, Stylish, Good Size & Weight, Nice Design
65 or over, Male
4 out of 4 people found this helpful
This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): AK,GU,HI,PR,VI