We've updated your selection
GE Z-Wave 600 Watt CFL-LED Indoor In-Wall Dimmer Switch, Almond/White Paddles
Set your store
for local inventory & pick up options.
- Wirelessly schedule, control and dim any hard-wired lights
- Helps cut energy costs and keep your home safe
- Compatible with any Z-Wave certified gateway
Transform any home into a smart home with the in-wall GE Z-Wave Smart Dimmer. The dimmer allows you to wirelessly schedule, control and adjust the brightness of any hard-wired, dimmable light in your home anywhere in the world, at any time of the day. Helping to cut energy costs and keep your home safe, it requires in-wall installation with hardwired connections for full control from smartphones, tablets, PCs and Z-Wave enabled wireless remotes. Take control of your home lighting with GE Z-Wave Smart Lighting Controls.
- Easily replace any standard in-wall switch with the GE Z-Wave controlled dimmer switch to turn lighting on/off or adjust dim levels with your mobile device or computer using any Z-Wave certified gateway
- Includes white and light almond paddles that will match most standard wall plates (wall plate not included)
- Can be controlled in groups of multiple lights or used to create dimmable ambient interior lighting scenes
- Easily locate the switch in a dark room with the integrated blue LED indicator
- Provides ultimate flexibility - use by itself or with up to 4 GE add-on switches in 3, 4, 5 and 6-way wiring configurations (GE add-on switch is required for multi-switch applications)
- Screw terminal installation provides improved space efficiency when replacing existing switches compared to flying leads
- Compatible with any Z-Wave certified gateway, providing access from many popular home automation systems and applications (application software not included)
- Wink App Compatible - Wink Hub Required
- Click here for more information on Electronic Recycling Programs
- Amperage (amps) :
- Color Family :
- Color/Finish :
- White and Light Almond
- Electrical Features :
- LED/CFL Compatible
- Electrical Product Type :
- Product Depth (in.) :
- Product Height (in.) :
- Product Width (in.) :
- Returnable :
- Voltage (volts) :
- Wall Plate Included :
- Wattage (watts) :
Ratings & Reviews
of customers recommend this product
- Great for home automation. The paddle on this dimmer switch rests in the middle. To manually oper...
November 08, 2016
Verified Purchase & Recommended Product
Great for home automation. The paddle on this dimmer switch rests in the middle. To manually operated, the user presses the top or the bottom of the paddle to momentarily rock the paddle up or down. The dimmer turns on when momentarily pressing the top and off when momentarily pressing the bottom. To brighten the light press and hold the top until the desired brightness is achieved. Similarly to dim the lights press and hold the bottom of the paddle until the desired light level is reached. Once released the paddle will return to the center position. When monetarily pressed to turn on the dimmer will return to the brightness level it was at when it was last turn off and not to 100%
There is a small blue light on the bottom of the switch that turn on when the switch is off so you can see where the switch is if the room is dark. This switch comes with a white paddle installed. A light almond paddle is included in the box and may be exchanged with the white paddle.
For remote control this switch requires a Hub (such as the Wink hub also available at Home Depot). Once connected to a Hub this switch an be controlled by an app on your phone or tablet. With the app you can control your lights from anywhere in the world. Also, this switch can be schedule to turn on and off at various times of the day or week using the app.
Works well with Wink Hub and Wink Hub 2. Once the switch is installed just add the switch to the Wink hub by using the Wink app on your phone or tablet. Using the app, select add product and the scan the bar code on box the switch came in . Then follow the instructions shown by the app. For less than $50 more use an "Amazon Echo Dot" along with the Wink hub to turn your lights on and off using your voice! " Alexa turn on the dining room light 50%. " Imagine that controlling your light by voice commands.
Please note that this product requires a neutral wire. Typical dimmer switches have two terminals with wires attached. This switch requires a third (Neutral ) wire to be connected. Older homes may not have a neutral wire in the switch box in which case you can not use this device.
When turning the lights on and off manually the light gradually transitions on or gradually fades to off. When turned on with the Wink Hub the light goes abruptly to the brightness level specified. When trued off with the the light transitions to off.
Personally I like the gradual transitions rather that the abrupt changes.
3 out of 3 people found this helpful
This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): AK,GU,HI,PR,VI