We've updated your selection
Brush Master 4 in. 15-HP 420cc Commercial Duty Chipper Shredder
Set your store
for local inventory & pick up options.
- Self feeds and chips up to 3 in. x 4 in. dia. branches
- 15hp (420cc) Commercial Duty Engine
- Automatic low oil level engine shutdown
This powerful Brush Master chromium chipper shredder has a 15-HP (420cc) commercial duty engine. Features a 2-way feed including oversized funnel for leaves, an ATV or lawn and garden trailer hitch, and a chip collection bag. Self feeds and chips up to 3 in. x 4 in. dia. branches, turning yard waste into useful 1/4 in. mulch. Transforms 12 bags of yard waste into 1 bag of chips. This environmentally responsible product keeps yard waste out of landfills.
- Biggest, most powerful chipper in it’s class at a great price for residential entry level commercial users.
- 16 powerful hammers and 1 hardened chromium steel cutting blade for chipping efficiency
- 2-way self feeder - side chute and oversized top funnel for twigs and leaves; chips up to 4-in x 3-in diameter branches, turning yard waste into useful 1/4-in mulch.
- Made of solid heavy gauge steel construction, lasts longer than plastic parts, aluminum, and cast iron like some competitors.
- This chipper is belt driven and equipped with a centrifugal clutch to protect the engine
- Includes bonus tow bar for portability, extra belt and chipper blade plus a chip bag
- Environmentally responsible - transforms 12 bags of yard waste into 1 bag of chips and mulch
- Ideal for landscapers, large lot owners, rental, and yard clean-up
- Minimal assembly required
- Bag/maximum load capacity (bushels) :
- CA (CARB) Compliant :
- Not CARB Compliant
- Chipper blade material :
- Chipper capacity (in.) :
- Commercial :
- Engine Displacement (cc) :
- Engine Torque (ft.-lb.) :
- Engine Type :
- Feed capacity (in.) :
- Fuel Tank Capacity (oz.) :
- Housing Material :
- Power Type :
- Product Depth (in.) :
- Product Height (in.) :
- Product Weight (lb.) :
- Product Width (in.) :
- Reconditioned :
- Returnable :
- Self-Feeding :
- Start Type :
- Translucent fuel tank :
- Wheels :
Ratings & Reviews
of customers recommend this product
- So far I love this machine!
September 02, 2013
I have been using a Troy-built 10HP chipper for over a decade and decided it was time to replace it. Parts were getting harder to find, and frankly, the shredder was hard to feed. We live on 5 acres of forest land that requires constant upkeep to keep the fire hazard down. While burn piles are a option, it is preferable to return as much waste back to the woods as possible rather than sending it up in smoke. I have at least 24 hours of run time on the machine and have had to sharpen the chipper knife once (due mostly to chipping dry wood instead of freshly cut branches). I did take off the rubber safety guard on the in-feed so as to make feeding in really brushy limbs easier. I think that a longer in-feed would have been a better design than the rubber/metal restrictor that comes with the machine. Only an idiot would run a chipper w/o safety glasses or stick his arm down the chute. As far as the shredder? It is easy to feed, and I use it to handle the fir/pine boughs that don't go down the chipper easily. The shredder easily eats 1/2" branches one at a time (anyone who has dealt with the brush off of an oak tree knows that you are not going to easily feed it down a 3x4" chute). This machine is much easier to service than my old chipper; blade sharpening, etc. When the blade is sharp, it feeds its self, when it gets dull, take time to put an edge back on it. I was able to sharpen the blade with my disc sander. There we no nicks or chips out of the blade at all. The machine starts easily and runs forever on a tank of gas. The only time I have got the motor to bog down was when I was feeding armfuls of fir boughs down the shredder. The reason? The discharge screen was getting clogged up from the mass of needles and chipped wood. No problem, use the pitch fork and keep it cleared out under the discharge. I don't use the 'bag' that came with the chipper. It would be a waste of time due to the large volume or material that I feed through this machine. I haven't used the tow bar yet, but moving the machine is a breeze with the large tires and wide wheel base. Once we get some much needed rain here in southern Oregon, I'll be pulling this machine out into the woods to work instead of dragging all of the tree trimmings into our green zone to process. My old chipper doesn't hold a candle to this machine: this one feeds easier both chipping and shredding and it takes half the time to get to the blade to sharpen it. The extra five ponies don't hurt either, but once the chipper blade is dull, horse power doesn't mean anything. I don't think I could have found more value for the money, and only time will tell on the durability. I'll let you know in the next couple of months because this puppy is going to get a real work out!
All In One, Easy to Use, Good Size & Weight, Powerful, Mulches Well, machine does exactly what it is supposed to!
28 out of 28 people found this helpful
This item cannot be shipped to the following state(s): AK,CA,GU,HI,PR,VI